Nagarjuna - Chitchat


Taking a short gap from the shooting of Dhamarukham at Annapurna Seven Acres, Nagarjuna meets web journalists and speaks about his career in general and Rajanna in particular. Here are excerpts from the interview.

Thrilled with Rajanna

I am quite happy with the outcome of Rajanna and its result. People have not seen the movie yet but I could foresee the result. Totally satisfied and thrilled with Rajanna and am eagerly waiting for its release.

On starting distribution house
We have launched Annapurna Studios International Inc to distribute Rajanna in overseas and North Indian market. I wanted to release Rajanna on September 30 but graphics work got delayed, so Bejawada turned out to be our distribution house's first film.

Guest role or full-length role!

I clarify on this. And also I don't want to hide the story details. The story goes like this. Movie starts off with Mallamma, a kid brought up by villagers of Nelakondapalli in Adilabad district in pre-independence era. Singing is her hobby, but a dorasani (landlord's wife) doesn't like this and puts her in a ghadi. When her teacher says her life is in danger and that they are yet to get freedom, she asks him who would give them freedom. He says only Jawaharlal Nehru can free them, so the girl sets out for meeting India's first Prime Minister in Delhi on her feet. She also comes to know about why her life is in danger because she's daughter of Rajanna. Rest of the story you have to watch it on screen. I am there in the film for more than 70 minutes.  It is not guest role, for sure.

Highlights of the movie

I loved the parting scenes of Rajanna with his friends after fighting against British Empire. Apart from that, some scenes with the kid Annie are heart touching. Also the climax fight would be main highlight. Rajamouli filmed it superbly.

Success of music

I am glad that today everybody's talking about Rajanna's songs. I loved all the songs but people are talking about four numbers in particularly like Gijigaadu, Lachuvammo Lachuvammo, Veyyi Veyyi, Melukove Chittitalli. This is my 16th or 17th film with M M Keeravani and as you know he gave some of the best musical hits in my career.

About language and accent

We are true to the language used in that time. I said dialogues in Telangana accent, and the accent comes to me very naturally as I brought up here in Hyderabad.




About Rajamouli

Rajamouli shot some songs and action sequences but he and his wife Rama Rajamouli were literally throughout the filming process. Because the look of my character and costumes were designed by Rama Rajamouli. Rajamouli shot the song - Veyyi Veyyi Debba Veyyi for 15 days and he filmed action episodes for one month. The one thing that I liked in him is he turns completely into another man - like an obsessed personality - on the sets to get that perfection of a shot, yet he's extremely patient. I clearly understand now why he's on top.

Will it work in other regions, other than the Nizam area?

Why not! Did Osey Ramulamma fare well only in Telangana? See, the film is basically emotional film told in a child's perception and emotions are same everywhere.

How would you define the film in one line!

Rajanna is a film about a daughter and father's struggle for freedom.



Is it your conscious decision not to do romantic movies?

Yes. From Gaganam it all started. I took conscious decision of not doing romantic lead roles, so I did Rajanna, and currently doing Dhamarukham, a fantasy film, and next comes Shirdi Sai, a bio-pic of Shirdi Saibaba. But I will be doing a matured love story in the direction of Dasaradh. He narrated me a story line that I liked it very much. At this age, I feel I should not do Manmadhudu kind of movies.

What is your take on Naga Chaitanya not getting success with action films like Dhada and Bejawada?

It happens sometimes. I feel proud that he has learnt so much from these failures. I don't blame him, he knows now what to select and what should not. His next film - Autonagar Surya has beautiful script and he will be entering into Tamil with Gowaram in the direction of Radha Mohan.

Posted by Unknown on 8:12 AM. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0

Eka Veera Movie Stills

Eka Veera Movie Stills
Eka Veera Movie Stills

Kahani Trailor

2010 BlogNews Magazine. All Rights Reserved. - Designed by SimplexDesign